- General corporate, mergers & acquisitions, due diligence, and reorganizations.
- Corporate governance and compliance.
- Joint ventures, licensing, distribution, franchising, and commercial agreements.
- Emphasis on “maquila” (manufacturing) related matters and negotiation with shelters (including shelter phase outs).
- Emphasis on tourism real estate development (including hotels, condominium, timeshare, fractional interests) retail, industrial, and commercial matters.
- Real estate finance, trusts, and mortgages.
- Banking and project finance and restructuring.
- Public-private partnerships (PPPs).
- Partner at TP Legal Group since January 2011.
- Partner at Baker & McKenzie (Mexico, 2002 to 2010).
- Partner at Martín-Sánchez, Torres y Tortolero Abogados (Tijuana, 1999 to 2002).
- Associate at Pasero y Martín-Sánchez (Tijuana, 1997 to 1999).
- Associate at Cervantes, Quijano y Gutiérrez (Tijuana, 1992 to 1996).
- LLM (Master’s Degree in International Laws and Comparative Law) University of San Diego (1997).
- Postgraduate studies at the International and Comparative Law Institute, Barcelona, Spain (1996).
- Real Estate Law degree from “Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas UNAM”, 1995.
- Law degree from “Universidad Autónoma de Baja California”, 1993.
- Professor of Foreign Investment Law at the Law School of “Centro de Enseñanza Técnica y Superior” (CETYS), Tijuana, Baja California.
- Panelist on “maquila”, real estate, and cross border matters between Mexico and the United States.
- Member of the board of Tijuana Chapter of the National Council of Mexican Entrepreneurs (COPARMEX).
- Public Private Partnerships Mexican Institute.
- Allinial Global