In addition to the publication of the Fourth Resolution of Amendments to the General Rules of Foreign Trade for 2023 on October 30, 2023, on November 2nd, 2023, the amendments to Annexes 1, 2, 10, 17, 20, 22, and 28 were published.
The following is a summary of the changes:
- The VAT certification program will now be valid for only one year. Consequently, the certification renewal format was modified.
- Other certification programs, such as the Authorized Economic Operator, will be valid for two years.
- A new identifier “EO” (Issuer of the Certificate of Origin) has been created to be used with the “PO” identifier (Origin Identifier). The “PO” identifier must be declared on import operations and the name of the supplier in the country of origin must be declared. The “EO” identifier must declare the company that certifies the origin of the goods.
The change to the “PO” identifier and the implementation of the “EO” identifier will take effect on December 29, 2023.
- Annexes 10, 17, 20, and 28 are amended to include several Commercial Identification Numbers (or NICO, it Spanish acronym) were included as a result of the amendments to the General Import Duty Rates published on June 30, 2023.
- The list of administrators and operators of strategic bonded warehouses in Appendix 21 was updated.