Earlier today, November 18, 2022, the Ministry of Economy published a Decree by which the following is modified:
- The Harmonized Tariff Schedule of Mexico,
- The Decree to support the competitiveness of the automotive industry and the promotion of the development of the domestic automobile market,
- The Decree for the Promotion of the Manufacturing, Maquiladora, and Export Services Industry,
- The Decree establishing the general import duty for the northern border region,
- The Decree of the free zone of Chetumal,
- The Decree establishing Sectoral Promotion Programs,
- The Decree regulates the definitive importation of used vehicles and the ones that reinforce quota tariffs.
Modifications are to adapt the programs mentioned above to the new Law on General Import and Export Duties on issues such as the phased duty reduction of various steel products, sensitive merchandise for IMMEX companies, and tariffs for PROSEC companies, among others.
These modifications will enter into force on the same day the new TIGIE enters into force, per the provisions of the First Transitory of the Decree by which it is issued, which tentatively could be December 16, 2022.
For a better understanding and application of the publication, the following link can be consulted: